There are many ways to Volunteer
Shetland Sheepdog Placement Services of New Jersey rescues Shelties in need and places them into loving homes. The process from when a Sheltie enters our program to when the Sheltie is ready for its new home is time consuming and an expensive one. Most need veterinary care, grooming, and plenty of TLC to get them ready to start their new life. We have volunteers located all over the state of New Jersey. It takes a lot of work and love to rescue and re-home just one sheltie. Since our inception, we have re-homed many Shelties. This would not be possible without our wonderful volunteers. Would you like to help?
While many of our volunteers are foster parents, we have lots of opportunities to volunteer for those who cannot have foster pets (or for “failed fosters”, those who end up adopting their foster shelties!). Fundraising, transport, home checks and event planning are all options for additional volunteer opportunities. If you have a desire to help Shelties in any capacity, we will find a spot for you!
If you want to join our volunteer team, please fill out our Volunteer Application and return the form to us either via email: email@example.com or by mail to: Shetland Sheepdog Placement Services of New Jersey, 107 Broad Street, Suite 694, Hainesport, NJ 08036. We appreciate your interest in helping Shelties.
There are many volunteer tasks to become involved in:
- Do you have skills in fundraising? We’re always seeking new ideas for fundraising.
- Do you have special skills in writing or graphic design? Perhaps you could help with fliers, newsletters, etc.
- Do you have a vehicle and can drive? You can help transport dogs or conduct home visits for potential adopters.
- Do you want to have fun? Give your time to our fundraising events, holiday gift wrapping for donations, pet expos. These events give recognition to our breed and rescue group and are lots of fun.
- Can you foster a Sheltie in your home? We are always in need of Foster Care Providers. We give lots of support to our foster homes, and fostering is the heart of what we do to help our Shelties on their way to a better life.
Our “Wish List”:
We are always in need for volunteers to help us with…
- Fundraising Expertise
- Home Visits
- SSPSNJ Annual Picnics
- Games at Picnics
- Picnic Raffle Baskets & Items
- Tables at Events
- Facebook Updates